Asian Studies is a broad field that provides an interdisciplinary approach to understanding the trends shaping Asia in the 21st century. Students in Asian Studies select a concentration in China, Japan, Korea, South Asia or Southeast Asia.
For an informational discussion about graduate studies and concentrating in an Asian Studies program, please contact the program directors:
- China Studies: David Lampton, 202.663.5816, email@example.com
- Japan Studies: Kent Calder, 202.663.5812, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Korea Studies: Kent Calder (Acting Director), 202.663.5812, email@example.com or Jae Ku (Director of the U.S.-Korea Institute at SAIS), 202.663.5830, firstname.lastname@example.org
- South Asia Studies: Walter Andersen, 202.663.5722, email@example.com
- Southeast Asia Studies: Karl Jackson, 202.663.5837, firstname.lastname@example.org